EDIFY means to enlighten, encourage and uplift individuals intellectually, morally or spiritually. That's exactly what EDIFY Speakers do as they discuss ideas about how to best live out one's faith in public.Listen Now
How Did We Get Here? The Sexual Revolution and Identity Politics
EP010: Mary Eberstadt
Mary Eberstadt provides great resources to help Catholics talk about hard issues such as the sexual revolution, increased secularization, the importance of the traditional family, and religious freedom. In this episode, Scot and Mary discuss her research and writing – diving into many topics, including the sexual revolution’s effects on men, women and children, what it is doing to churches and the impact it has had on our nation’s politics. Mary also gives insight on a book she wrote about Father Arne Panula with thoughts from his last days on how Catholics should live, work and best help to build up the Kingdom of God.
Mary’s books discussed in this podcast:
- Primal Screams: How the Sexual Revolution Created Identity Politics
- How the West Really Lost God: A New Theory of Secularization
- Adam and Eve after the Pill: Paradoxes of the Sexual Revolution
- It’s Dangerous to Believe: Religious Freedom and Its Enemies
- The Last Homily: Conversations with Fr. Arne Panula
Please click here for more biographical information on Mary.
If you haven’t seen Mary’s EDIFY video, please watch it at EDIFY.us.
Access to more of Mary’s writings and interviews can be found here, on her website.